Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Journey

I want to take the world on with you.

A funny thing love is, huh?

I don't know exactly what it is- I'm not sure many of us really do. We are born into a world that emits struggling and, even in the best terms, we're fighting an uphill battle. But we grow up searching for something or someone to help us on our journey; someone who can make the path ahead a little less hard to bear and a little more worthwhile.

We'll walk down that road and we'll meet people who we are sure will be there for so long. That is, until they're not anymore. Becoming so dependent on just having someone there to help you and then changing so fast for another way down the road alone.

Here I am equipping myself with tools and gadgets that will help me build these walls, and all I really need to do is take a seat and see who is willing to come and destroy what I've built.

When I try to describe what love is, all I get are these fragments of sentences- these words like "you" and "me" and "this" and "us"- mostly because love isn't something that can be described as easily as it can be felt. But those words give me the courage and the strength; those fragments of words work together to change things in my mind. It gives me a sense of hope and direction with where things are going with my life. So I'll take it.

1 comment:

  1. I don't understand when you mean "Here I am equipping myself with tools and gadgets that will help me build these walls, and all I really need to do is take a seat and see who is willing to come and destroy what I've built."

    ReplyDelete