Sunday, September 25, 2011

Happiness Pt. 2: The Running List

When I wrote the last time about what makes me happy, I said that I'd keep a running list. I know that it's been a while since I've updated this list and that things have changed a lot since then, but here is my attempt at adding things to the previous list:



-People that have the courage to share their secrets with strangers make me happy. I don't think that this one really needs an explanation. Check it out if you haven't already before.



-My English class makes me happy. I go into that class everyday and my mind is engaged (which is one of my favorite things). I leave with a sense of thoughtfulness. Nothing beats that feeling.



-Pens still make me happy.



-(Parentheses make me happy.) (I'm not even sure why.) (I guess it makes me feel like whatever I write in between the left and right parentheses isn't visible to everyone else.) (Which wouldn't make sense if I'm trying to get you to read my blog.) (Oh well, I like them either way.)



-I've got a new thing where I like to buy the actual physical copy of a CD when it comes out. Preferably only my favorite bands. It makes me happy knowing that I have a piece of something that they made and poured their heart into. It gives me a sense of reason behind the idea of owning CD's in the first place; as if having the physical copy makes me unique.



-This one girl I know makes me happy. I bet you're smiling now because you know that I'm talking about you. And now the smile is a little bit bigger. And now you know.



-Finishing books make me happy. That sense of encompassment that I get from it; the feeling that I just lived in a whole other world with totally different people and crazy adventures, and different thoughts or feelings towards things, that's what I like the most about it.



-Heart to heart talks with people make me happy. I learn something new every time and it seriously completes my life. When they happen, I feel like I'm growing so much closer to people and that I'm gaining so much trust because of it. That makes me happy.



-Whispering sweet nothings makes me happy.


This is it for now. This list will continue. Maybe in a couple of months, maybe next week, maybe in five years. But it will continue.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Robbie,

    Please write more, it makes my heart smile :]

    -Queen of the Couch

    ReplyDelete