Sunday, February 19, 2012

Home.

"All I see on Facebook are updates from people who are vacationing to different places. Some people went to New Orleans. Some people went to California. Some people went to Florida. I, however, went to Flint, Michigan. Home is where my vacationing heart wants to be."

Home is where my vacationing heart wants to be.

This year for "Spring Break," I'm going home. Home to Flint, Michigan. It's only a 35-40 minute drive from school, depending on who is driving and what speed you're going. But nonetheless, it's a drive- a drive that I really enjoy taking. It gives me some time alone to spend with myself and think.

Although I'm only going to be going for a couple of days at the most, I think that going home will be good for me, especially because I want to just relax for a day or two and regroup so that by the time school comes around again, I'm not running on fumes.

I love being away at school. I get so many different angles of so many different things because of the atmosphere and the environment. That feeling of community and home has been there ever since I stepped foot on campus. I love spending a lot of my time there, working towards making things better for everyone. I know that I'm there to make a difference and that there are people there that I can surround myself with that will ultimately compliment my efforts. And most of all, I know that being away at school has given the opportunity to do so many different things. Academically and socially, I've been able to be involved with so many different things. My heart is invested there.

But home is where my vacationing heart loves to be. No matter how bad of a place that it is there, Flint is where my home is. I'll always call it home, even if I call school my home too.

I love coming home for a break every once in a while. Every time that I leave, I feel so much more ready for what comes after.

I leave saying, "bring it on."

1 comment:

  1. Definitely agree with you Robbie. Great post on vacationing. I definitely want to vacation where I am from or.....where the heart lies.

    Keep writing. :) You definitely got the talent for it.

    ReplyDelete